In case you aren’t aware, I love food. H and I spend a lot of time perusing top DC restaurant food lists, and I get my daily news on beautiful food blogs instead of CNN.com.
Today was a good food day. Instead of the expected “happy hour” with $4 beer and chicken wings, my friend M took me to the cutest little wine place in her neighborhood: Room 11. We had specialty wines (mine was a rose’ and hers was an Italian white), Marcona almonds (salty and flavored with olive oil), and a meat and cheese plate with heirloom prosciutto, cheddar, and a triple cream. It was kind of awesome. And M was so sweet to not even blink at my prosciutto even though she is a vegetable-tarian.
It was a great time. I love having cultured female friends, because being from Tennessee and spending most of my “going out” time watching football with my man and his buddies, I sometimes miss out on those special moments. A girl-appropriate classy wine night was just perfect.
- Dear Mark: Marcona Almonds, Olives, Grass-Fed Whey, and Carbquik (marksdailyapple.com)
- Grilled Cheese at LAFW! (my-imperfect-kitchen.com)
- Oozy and Delicious….Baked Mozzarella Wrapped in Prosciutto (cliftonkitchen.wordpress.com)
- So-Called Marcona Almonds (markbittman.com)
- Grilled Squash Ribbons and Prosciutto with Mint Dressing (thebittenword.com)