My friend Lynn tagged me in this chain blogging thing and, due to my inherent loyalty and good-friend-ness, I’m following through on her request and posting eleven things about myself and answering eleven questions that she asked me.
Here are “The Rules:”
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No saying, “If you are reading this, you’re tagged.”
Eleven Things about Me:
1. I’m going on a rotation for work in the next 3-7 weeks and because my leave date is not set and my boss is very sick, I don’t think I’m getting any more assignments until I return. So, my work is VERY BORING right now.
2. I wish I could go to school forever. I spent this afternoon researching graduate programs and was thinking of either studying church history, American politics, or going ahead with my M.A. in literature.
3. I really want a house to decorate. I love our apartment but it is so small and has so little storage that it is always a mess. (Chances are this is probably due at least equally to my messiness.) When I am getting ready in the mornings I feel like H and I are always on top of each other and running into each other and I really want more space.
4. I love my job and getting things done but I honestly HATE working. I just want to wake up, go to my office [in my own home, with natural sunlight, a beautiful sitting/reading area, a brand-new computer, and a writing desk], and think about things. I want to read, research, and write. I do not want to submit time sheets. I want to go out for lunch/coffee whenever I want and wear anything that I want to wear. But I do want to continue getting paid by the government on a bi-weekly basis. [Thank you for your tax dollars, America!]
5. If it were up to me I would survive on cake and coffee every day. And every dinner would be strawberries, chocolates, and champagne. Seriously, can someone create a diet where I can eat that every day and also look like Heidi Klum? Thanks.
6. I really miss my friends in TN and especially a couple in particular and I get sad about it sometimes and wear H’s clothes and stop leaving the apartment.
7. H made a rule that I can’t wear man-clothes more than one day per week. That rule was necessary because I would literally come home and put on giant sweats after work every day. So now I have to buy girl sweats.
8. I am terrible at committing to things that are good for me. Working out? Waking up early? Eating healthy? Reading my bible regularly? Terrible.
9. I have four books about writing, three books about housing law, two cups of coffee, and one book about federal rulemaking on my desk at work.
10. I like wearing long sleeves pushed up to my elbow. I hate the summer because I hate when skin shows. So I would probably be really happy to move to Alaska.
11. Lately I’ve been thinking about moving to Seattle.
Answers to Lynn’s Eleven Questions:
1. What’s your favorite fruit?
2. Have you ever broken a bone or had surgery?
Yes. Details: a sixth-grade ice-skating-incident required two screws in my left ankle and left a wicked-cool scar.
3. Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
I like to go to new places and I like to be with the people I love. And I also really like West Virginia, and I think I might buy a place there when I am fabulously rich.
4. What are you most afraid of?
Cutting off my finger while slicing carrots. Seriously, it flashes before my eyes ALL THE TIME during kitchen prep.
5. What’s your favorite TV show?
6. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
I would rather not do either. But if I was forced to do one or the other, I think I’d rather skydive because at least I wouldn’t be at risk for spinal damage when I reached the end of the rope.
7. What are 3 things you can’t live without?
Internet access (I know, so spoiled with modern technology!), Contacts or Glasses (my eyesight is the WORST!), and LEO!! He is just so cute.
8. Are you a creature of habit or do you like to try new things?
Both. Mostly habit, but I like to pretend I am adventurous. Mostly I’m not.
9. Do you own any Pajama Jeans?
OF COURSE NOT.
10. If someone gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off my debt and
buy a house. make a down-payment on a house. A million dollars won’t quite handle the house I want in DC. 🙂
11. What do you think of Snooki being pregnant?
I’m glad it is not me!
I will prepare 11 questions and tag several of you later today! Feel free to volunteer if you read this before I update. Happy Weekend Everyone!!