Being thankful doesn’t always come naturally, particularly when one piece of your life is a little frustrating. But I would never let one unfortunate side dish ruin a whole meal, so I have decided not to let one unfortunate part ruin this stage of my life. To every piece a purpose, or something like that, right? So with that in mind…
1. Lunch at Corner Bakery.
2. Gym after work.
3. Three weeks until Election Day.
4. One month and four days until Thanksgiving.
5. Two months, one week, and two days until Christmas.
6. Three months and four days until I turn 27. (Geez I am so old!)
7. Approximately seven months until H graduates with his MBA.
8. Ten months and two weeks until my fellowship ends and I am free to fall in love with a new career (or the same career, TBD).
It’s nice having a countdown to something great just down the road. And according to the list above, there are at least six fantastic things headed my way in the coming months. Plus, I forgot to include March Madness, which is kind of my favorite thing ever. AND, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hosting the Golden Globes, which will probably be the funniest thing ever in the history of women being allowed to talk on television.
So, I’m getting E-X-C-I-T-E-D. And you should too — let’s make this a year to write about.
Update: ironic much?