I’ve talked a lot about trying to make the blog better, and tonight I took the first step by registering my own domain name, pink-briefcase.com!

Blog Photo for new link

To be honest, I’m a little disappointed that pink-NO HYPHEN-briefcase.com was not available, but I decided to go for it anyway.  Hopefully this additional punctuation will be a minor inconvenience for you, dear readers.  And, if you just don’t like it, if you simply cannot see yourself using that little hyphen, don’t do it.  You can keep going to the original WordPress address which will automatically forward to this new space.  But let’s be honest, the number of people who come here without being forwarded from some link is, like, maybe seven.  So I don’t see that being a real problem.

And to be a little more honest, I think I might have just broken my blog.  Currently, when I type in www.pink-briefcase.com, I get a “Problem loading page!” warning and cannot see my blog at all.  And when I type in the old website, same thing!  So, this whole thing might be ruined forever.  If that is the case and you never see this or the new blog domain that I purchased, it’s been real.  So thanks for stopping by.

UPDATE:  It totally works.  Yay!  I’m excited.

In other news, I just accidentally read an article that says having a hyphen in your domain is basically a death wish for a website.  This is getting awkward.  Let’s just ignore that and celebrate the awesomeness that is being a dot-com.

Tagged on:

8 thoughts on “Well, I did it . . .

• December 19, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Thanks! I’m only slightly embarrassed to admit how excited I am about this development. :)

• December 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I also recently upgraded to a dot-com, and I know exactly how you feel. It almost makes it feel a little more legitimate, especially since you’ve been Freshly Pressed and everything. Forget about the hyphen being a death wish for websites, buck the system and make the hyphenated URL sexy again!

• December 19, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Hahaha I’m glad I am not the only one! This whole “getting legit” thing is a lot harder than I first thought!

Also, I am now totally on a mission to make hyphens sexy.

• December 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I believe you can do it. The hyphen is tragically underappreciated.

• December 21, 2012 at 10:35 am

I totally agree with Jenny – reclaim the hyphen and make it your own. I’m loving the new site, by the way, hyphen or nay!

• December 21, 2012 at 10:55 am

Thanks! I’m starting to grow attached to my new hyphen already!

• Pingback: Choosing A Good Domain Name, ya..good name is important! « COMPUTER DOWNLOADS SPOT