1. We still haven’t found a great Chinese takeout place in Chicago. We live really close to Chinatown and we’ve tried a few places, but none of the places we’ve tried has been all that delicious. It makes me really miss DC because we had a really delicious Chinese restaurant right by our apartment and it was the best for a lazy faux-Friday [Thursday] evening.
2. This week at work we had a baby shower for one of my coworkers and it was the most fun I’ve ever had at a shower [wedding or baby]! It was co-ed and not awkward at all. I’ll be taking over some of the work of my coworker while she is on maternity leave and I’m pretty excited about it.
3. Lisa Kudrow is killing it on Scandal lately. I really like her in this more serious role. Also, she has almost convinced me to eat Yoplait yogurt again. Almost.
4. I CAN’T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS! AND THANKSGIVING! It’s been freezing out for weeks now and I’m feeling like it is already appropriate for Christmas music and Christmas lights and Christmas cookies. Also, I’ve learned that there is a huge difference between my wool socks and my regular socks. Wool socks are clearly superior.
5. I’ve been making a lot of reports at work lately and I really like doing it. I always struggle to name the tasks I like to complete, because I honestly like doing anything that needs to be done and keeps my days busy and exciting, so I’m very happy to add “prepare official reports to Congress” and “develop explanatory and instructive materials for employees and stakeholders” to that list of things I enjoy.