1. Alison Green from Ask A Manager’s post for U.S. News and World Report, 7 New Year’s Resolutions for a Stronger Career in 2014. I’ve just recently started following AAM (Ask A Manager) and the advice and compassion from the community in the comments is enough to make you believe in the internet again.
2. Kate’s Favorite Simple and Quick Hair Tutorials, at The Small Things Blog. If only my hair would look as good on just one day as Kate’s hair looks every single day. . .
3. Esther Emery’s This is Where I Give Away a Free Inspirational eBook! (Unleash Your Wild). Also, it comes with a free eBook about being awesome.
4. Rosabeth Moss Kanter with Overcome the Eight Barriers to Confidence. While she does not argue that confidence alone will give you everything you hope for, she explains that confidence provides you with a belief in the success of your efforts, which will make a marked difference in the work you dedicate toward a desired outcome.
5. Austin Channing Brown’s Top 2013 Posts. I just found Austin’s blog and this wrap-up post made me want to read everything she’s ever written about racial reconciliation and the American evangelical church and all sorts of interesting, complicated, important things. I’m sure you’ll feel the same way, so head on over there and check it out.
An honorable mention to The Safest Road to Hell by Brad Littlejohn over at The Sword and the Ploughshare, for confirming in my heart that #ATTACK really is the word I want to model 2014 after.
And, finally, if you’re looking for great books to read [or gift] in 2014, be sure to check out all of the blogs participating in the Favorite Books of 2013 link-up going on at Modern Mrs. Darcy.