Hi, I’m Mary Beth and I write here at www.pink-briefcase.com. I can be a little too career-focused, so I write this blog to help me remember to live life fully and enjoy all of the good moments. It’s something we all need to be reminded of!
My husband and I have recently moved back to DC after spending two years in Chicago. I’ve blogged through some pretty big life things here: finishing law school, getting married, taking and passing the bar, completing my fellowship, and starting a new job in a new city.
In this space, I share our fun adventures, some of my greatest worries, and everything in-between as we grapple with living our real lives. Thanks for joining me here.
Things I love:
- Exploring. I hate parties but I love going places. Send me to a new city and let me wander, reading signs and stopping at historical locations and trying new restaurants.
- Good grammar. Don’t be surprised if you find a grammar lesson here from time to time. (And on that note, if you see a mistake please do let me know.)
- Writing about writing. Some of us love it, others hate it, but I love a good how-to series.
- History. And Literature. And funny movies.
- Trying new recipes. You’ll find a few recipes here as well as stories of cooking disasters.
- Politics and Religion. I’m careful what I write about both because (a) my job and (b) I love people who disagree with me. But, not that careful.
- Comfortable fashion. It’s such a stereotype, but I am a sucker for posts on fashion, women’s magazines, and all of that. But I’m also kind of terrible at it.
- Watching television. I am totally addicted and I’d love to talk to you about your favorite shows. But if you are “too busy for TV” we probably can’t be friends.