Eating healthy is not that hard, but it does require that you BUY healthy things while you are at THE STORE. For some reason, this has been very difficult for me lately!
Today has been pretty perfect so far:
Breakfast: two sausage patties, cheerios and skim milk.
Lunch: Chicken and Veggies!
Making Chicken and Veggies:
- De-thaw chicken breast and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop veggies into bite-sized pieces too. I used broccoli, red onion, red bell pepper, and a carrot.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, then put in a little Olive Oil. Throw in your chicken bites and cook until nearly done.
- Throw in veggies and add salt, pepper, three shakes of the lemon juice bottle (or if you are classy you could use REAL lemon juice), and three shakes of soy sauce (shake lightly because this is very salty).
- Stir and cook until the veggies are delicious and slightly charred.
Oh, I also had a glass half-filled with orange juice and half-filled with diet tonic water, and it was delicious.
For the rest of the day, I am speed-cleaning my apartment before my friend gets here, traveling down to Georgetown for some window shopping, potential cupcake eating, and then happy hour with my KD alums.
Tonight: movie with my man. Hopefully something happy but I could totes go for action. Are there any action movies out this summer? Man, I miss Bruce Willis circa 1995.