1. Bon Iver + Bella and the Flecktones on shuffle is one great combo.
2. Tonight’s dinner of homemade hummus and fruit salad with pita chips is more nutritious than last night’s dinner of a margarita. But equally delicious.
3. I remembered this week how great it is to have smart, political and interesting friends. And I was only a hermit on Sunday and Monday.
4. Last night i sat in the National Archives and heard senators and congressmen talk straight about our country. Today, I sat in the senate gallery and heard a senator speak empty shenanigans. Perhaps we should make laws at the Archives from now on?
5. I want to quit working and write a book. In a log cabin in the mountains of West Virginia. With a fireplace and high-speed internet.
6. I’m going to see Magic Mike on Friday night. Let the wrath of conservative Christianity fall on me, but I am an equal opportunity stripper-movie-watcher. And I only even knew it was a thing because of your Facebook posts about how you would never “let” your women/wives see it. I’ll let you know if it is really more morally repugnant than Pretty Woman…or every other movie ever made. Bring it on.
P.S. I have “permission” to attend from H. Like me, he has no idea what the big deal is.