It’s Friday morning, June 26th, and I’m sitting in my jammies, drinking coffee, and watching the funeral procession for Senator Clementa Pinckney. And there are so many words, but they all seem so — insufficient.
- Karen Walrond on Chookooloonks with Say Something.
- AddyeB with On Charleston: I Wish I Had Something Better to Say.
- No Quarter, No Sanctuary, No Succor by Jamil Smith for The New Republic.
- Austin Channing Brown, with The Only Logical Conclusion.
- Osheta Moore with What I Need You to Say in Response to the Shooting in Charleston.
Also big news here in the US, the Supreme Court is speeding toward the end of its calendar, and all eyes are turned to see what will come. Will it be today? Monday? Already, huge cases have been decided this week:
- Wondering what all is left on the docket? Here’s Amy Howe from SCOTUSblog with And then there were seven: the remaining cases, in plain English.
- For a round-up of links to explain and analyze the Fair Housing decision, click here.
- And, there is so much to read about the ACA decision — and so many SCOTUScare jokes! Ah Scalia! — but here’s one piece if you’re interested in what it means.
- Follow the live blog to see what opinions may or may not be released today.
- UPDATE!! Marriage equality has become the law of the land. Check here for an In Plain English summary of the case, but also read this piece by Jamil Smith for The New Republic.
And a little joy for your weekend reading:
- How to Have a Bad Day, from Alexa Brown for Darling Magazine.
- Champagne lover? Here’s two articles to make you an expert! Numero Uno. Numero Dos.
- Feeling Jealous of a Younger Colleague? (How about — don’t be an ass.) The comments here made me so happy! Also, please be nice to each other.
- Did you see Joy the Baker’s Summer Bucket List? Do you have a summer bucket list? I think I might make one.
- And, the 2015 Running of the Interns. This made me laugh!
Happy weekend, my friends.